The Edmonton & Area 567 Club Sept. meeting held Sept.3/2014
Minutes recorded by Bernie M.
August minutes were reviewed by Roy M. ( Club Prez) & Accepted.
The treasures’s report was given by Jim K. and widely accepted.
1 . Discussion on the August 23rd Show n Shine Donation to Kids with Cancer.
The group has decided to donate $2,500.00 to the Charity.
There were 83 total entries, 5 vendors and lots of walkabouts, our show seemed to be heavily impacted by other events that weekend. The one area that causes concern is the Show N Shine that has moved their date to the same date as ours, this has occurred twice in 2 yrs.
The group is open to suggestions on how to handle this. It is noted that for those who do support our event, that we keep the same time/date as we always have. Also we discussed the feasibility of maintaining a nominal car count (100 plus). And try to improve on a better access to view the entries. Roy M. thanked all the members for their great work & to Jim K. for all his efforts that he puts into this every year.. We have to plan something special for the 15th Annuel event next year. Open to any constructive suggestions, A concern, however, to have Portable Toilets for the 2015 event was brought forward by Shawn.G and accepted plus a Hospitality table w/chairs ( rest area) was also accepted. The idea of moving the show location was Not accepted, as it would not be the best interest of the entries and have a neg. Impact towards our club.
Jim.K to send out Thank-you letters to all sponsors and supporters for this year’s event.
2. Club Raffle – we sold close to 87% of our 1600 tickets, the other 13% of the tickets were either lost by members or not sold ( remaining tickets). The amount that was earned will be put in our account and used for our future projects.
The Raffle winners are listed on the website along with the Show n Shine results. The winner of our 1957 Chevy Nose piece elected to take the value amount of $300.00 rather than the nose piece.. There are a couple of members that want to purchase the nose piece however.
3. Annual Club BBQ – was held at Inglewood community center on August 17th, The same number of members appeared again & had a good time, plus there were a few member’s “rides” in the parking lot.. Thanks to Roy.M for the Cookin’
A member of the ESRA is looking for a project truck ( ¾ ton or bigger) Tri-5 era. If you have one contact Gene L. or Gene B. ( a pair of Genes)
A brief discussion on our group & the ESRA to do a road course event at Castrol was lightly touched on, more to come. T.B.A
An AMSOIL vendor from our show is to make a demo at one of our upcoming meetings, Roy M. to make arrangements with him..
Roy. M has asked the group to ok the purchase of some storage boxes to replace the damaged ones in the trailer,& was accepted to go ahead by the group.
The Manager at the Airways has again gave us a invite to a Company Sponsored “run” with other clubs but nothing has been official as of yet.. T.B.A
Cash winner- Gene L. T-shirts won by Arman & Gene. B. Shop banner won by Daymion W.
Meeting ended @ 8:30 p.m
Next Meeting is on October 1st @ the Airways motel, Drillers lounge …..
Sidenote: they have Great food !!!!