Minutes of the October 2,2013 Monthly Meeting of the
Edmonton & Area 567 Club @ BlackJack’s Roadhouse
1. Call to order – at 7:08 p.m with 13 members present. The minutes from the September meeting were read & accepted by all in attendance..
3. Kids with Cancer Donation – The sum of $1500.00 was presented to the people at the Kids with cancer office by our Prez. Roy & was Greatly Appreciated by the Society Roy got a quick tour of the operation & office of this group & passed on their Thank-you’s for our donation… Maybe a club tour will be in the “cards” in the future..
4. Quick times Swap meet- We will not be at the Oct.12 swap meet, as we have been there for the past number of years. Jim & Don have other commitments and no other club members are able to go in their place..
5. Club BBQ- The date has been secured and the facility has been too.. The date for our Annual Summer BBQ is slated for August 10/2014. Bernie M. has been making the arrangements for our group.. Thanks, Bernie !!
6. Annual Club Christmas Supper – Will be held on December 4/2013 @ this location. Don.C to talk to Clarence on the Menu & plate costs and will have the “info” at the Nov. Meeting.. This is open to all present 2013 Paid members & their families. The plate costs to be covered by the members this year… PLEASE give Don C. a call so he can have a “HEAD COUNT” for the restaurant ASAP !!!! The DEADLINE is Nov.30/2013 !!!!!!!
A request by Jim to all members, to pursue some door prizes to use as a Gift draw, like we have had in the past.. If you can help out , call Jim..
7. Website update – Kellen gave a report on the Club’s website, it had 1220 “hits” for the month of Sept. The top Traffic source was from Google & Bing. The members are urged to use our “Swap & Shop” feature. Check the website out & follow the instructions..
1. Club Raffle – The prizes have been arranged & we will have 3 prizes again to offer. Don.C has sold us his “Door Prize” that he won @ Mission Raceway this summer. Here are the Prizes – 1- 1955 Chevy Pedal car with a Turqoise/White color. 2 – A 1957 Chevy “Nose Piece” wall hanging & 3- a $100.00 Gas card.. Tickets are $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00..
The tickets are to be printed and then handed out on our December meeting or Christmas supper & at our January Meeting ( if needed)..
All Club Members are asked to participate in this endeaver !!!!
2. Member Appreciation – Kellen brought forward a idea to recognize the efforts of club members for their Dedication to the club.. This idea was widely accepted by the members and the motion passed. A committee was formed with Kellen, Roy & Dougie J. They are to meet to start the process..
3. Show n Shine – The 2014 “Bowties vs the World” show n Shine is slated for August 23/2014.. Jim said that he would again work on it.. This will be year #14 for this event!!!!
4. T-Shirts – Jim got a price from Elite sportswear on having event t-shirts done as requested by the membership and also new Club t-shirts.. He is going to get another estimate from someplace else before we get them done..
5. Swap meet Idea – This idea is still on the “charts” for next spring.
All members are to check into the availability of a venue and the rental costs..
50/50 Prize Winners
Meeting Adjourned @ 9:15 p.m
Meeting recorded By: Jim K. ( Temp )
NEXT MEETING is on NOVEMBER 6th,2013 BE THERE !!!!!