The Edmonton & Area 567 Club Monthly meeting June 4,2014
12 Members in attendance - start: 7:25 p.m @ Roadhouse
1.May meeting review by Jim K. ( who sat in for Roy M.) All accepted.
2.Treasurer’s Report was Given by Jim K. All Accepted.
Note: The club is really counting on all members to sell their tickets, for the club’s sake!
3. Follow-up on shop tour to Fountain Tire on July 12th.. Jim to report on July 2nd meeting with info ( time and location )
4. The indoor car show @ Northlands was attended by 7 club members, we also had a new member from the show join us! Thank-you to Don C., Greg R., Chris L., Gene B., Mike P., W., Jim K., & new member Les Halsey for bringing out their rides.
- The club has been asked to appear at a couple of retirement communities during the summer. June 6th @ the Good Shepard home ( cancelled due to bad weather) & at the seniors home @ Wedgwood on July 8 ( info passed out) We need a good showing at these locations!
- The Drayton Valley car club has a S/S on July 20th, they have invited our members to come out and support their cause.
- Website Update was reported by Kellen K., there were 3160 “hits’ on our site for May and the site has been very active!
- A brief discussion had taken place on meeting relocation again, as in the past we have no real central locations that would be in our favor.. Note: we are always looking however!!
- The 50’s-60’s theme dance a Ma-Me-O beach was discussed, Long distance member Horst is working on this, the date is Aug.30th.. The idea of having our club come out with our vehicles is requested.. More info to come, Don.C will provide more.
- The Annual Club BBQ is slated for Aug.17th @ the Lions campground in Devon, Bernie M. is our for this event.
more discussion at July meeting.
- The club has discussed the idea of meeting at a local park on Sundays with a pot luck type BBQ & get to.. Summer is short and we need to move on this idea. Discussion on July meeting. A July cruise to Stony Plain for Canada day S/S & the July 13th cruise to S/S is planned.
Bowties vs the World August 23rd/2014
The sponsorships for the event are 90% covered, still need a couple of award classes sponsored!! More to come at the July Meeting.. We can always use door prizes and quality silent auction items as well. Contestant ballot sheets have to be made & event logistics to be discussed at July meeting ( Three Months to GO!!!)..
Cash won by Shelton M. & T-shirt won by Ron S.
Minutes taken by Keith G.
Meeting ended at 8:53 p.m
Next meeting on July 2nd @ Blackjack’s Roadhouse 7 p.m