Meeting Minutes from April 2014
Edmonton & Area 567 Club April 2nd Meeting Minutes
Start time: approx. 7 p.m 12 members present Location : Blackjack’s Roadhouse
1. March Minutes reviewed by the Prez/membership & passed.
2. Treasurer’s report was given & passed by the membership present..
3. Website status was given, lots of activity & close to 2000 visits this past month!
Remind the membership to use the Swap n Shop section to their advantage..
4. Quick Times swap meet in March was a good success for the club, we sold “lots” of raffle tickets & received lots of exposure on the Club itself..
Special Thanks to Shawn, Don & Jim for all their work at the ‘meet...
5. Discussion on club clothing was held, The idea of the club patches were brought forward and Jim got a price on the production of them. He was asked to look into the costs of sewing a patch onto a member’s own jacket & the cost of club Hoodies also.. Club T-shirts will be ordered once we get ALL the $$$ rec’d from the raffles sales...
The report on these costs will be presented at the May meeting....
6. A motion was presented to have the member’s directory updated & to have ready for all paid members have a copy..All members to give Don any updates on their “info”..
7. The 2014 cruise calendars were handed out to the members present & Jim has some for those who did not receive a copy.. Contact Jim for your copy.. He has a limited supply left..
** Old business
1. The Club raffle is our BIG fund raiser NOW ! Jim had handed out some ticket books out to the members that have not received a book as of yet.. Raffle ticket sales are “so-so”.. Members are reminded to PLEASE SALE YOUR SHARE, The sooner that we get the $$$ handed in the Better for the CLUB..
2. Don C. is in the process as mentioned before, to update the membership list.. PLEASE INFORM HIM ON ANY UPDATES THAT YOU MAY HAVE !!!
3. The Fountain Tire shop tour is “pending”, Jim to finalize the date for the membership before the May Meeting...
NOTHING WAS PRESENTED AT THIS TIME..
NOTE: A Reminder to all the club members to promote and get the “word” out about the 14th Annual Bowties vs The World Show n Shine, slated for August 23rd/2014 @ Northgate Centre... Ask your employer orlocal business if they can supply “Door Prizes”or a item for the Silent Auction.. A report on our Event sponsorship to be presented by Jim at the May meeting, some awards MAYBE open for sponsorship....
** Swap & Shop
A short discussion was on items needed and for sale by members had occurred... ( use the website to sale or seek your needed items)
50/50 winners: Cash- Armand L. T-shirts were also won by Keith G. & Dougie J.
Meeting ended @ 8:15 P.M Minutes recorded by: Keith G.
NEXT MEETING ON MAY 7th @ Blackjack’s Roadhouse ( upstairs), Nisku , AB.. Approx.7 p.m